What is the GYROTONIC® method all about?
The Gyrotonic (pronounced jie-ro-tah-nik) method uses fluid rhythmic movements to release tension around joints, creating a balance of strength and mobility. The name (gyro means circle, tonic means healing) gives a clue to the origins of the movement which was developed in the 1970s by dancer Juliu Horvath to rejuvenate his own body after a series of debilitating injuries. The movements look like a combination of dance, swimming, tai chi, and yoga. This is the short version of what the Gyrotonic method is. If you would like to get a visual of Gyrotonic in motion, scroll down to watch a short video.
What are the benefits of doing GYROTONIC®?
- Promotes strong, lean muscles
- Increases flexibility, coordination, and balance
- Enhances joint mobility and articulation
- Frees the body of pain and restrictions
- Increases circulation of blood, lymphatic fluids, and energy
- Complements/supplements physical therapy and other rehabilitative bodywork
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Helps to slow the aging process through mental and physical stimulation and regeneration
- Strengthens the nervous system
I became a certified trainer in the Gyrotonic method in Februrary 2016 and teach private sessions and duets at the Gyrotonic Tree Town Studio in downtown Ann Arbor. For FAQs about the Gyrotonic Method, click here. To set up an appointment click here.
Accepted form of payment is cash or check. To contact Julie and make an appointment, click here.
Private session: $75.00, Package of 10 sessions: $650
Duet session: $50.00 per participant, Package of 10 sessions: $400 per participant